Monday, September 5, 2011

Penny Black "Inspire" Card Challenge 3

These two cards were inspred by Cathy Andronicou's simple yet elegant card.


For this card, I stamped Penny Black 4159K Sundail twice on white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I was trying to recreate Cathy's airbrushed look, but I didn't have an airbrush, so I tried spraying with Glimmer Mist (Popsicle & Pink Bubblegum) instead. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do, LOL J
4159K sundail
 I then added some colour to portions of the image as well as to the outline with TRIA alcohol markers. I cut out the flowers out, and mounted them together with foam tape, added a rhinestone to the middle, and highlighted some areas with Stickles glitter glue.

To create the background, I embossed a piece of white cardstock with Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy, then sponged Memento Lulu Lavender, Distress Spun Sugar & Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid. I added a faux ribbon diecut from white cardstock using Die-namics Scallop Ribbon die and sponged it with Distress Dusty Concord. The greeting is Penny Black 3419D Great Day and is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and punched with an EK Success oval punch.

4160K cheerful
For the second card, I stamped Penny Black 4160K Cheerful twice on white cardstock. I coloured the flowers and leaves with TRIA alcohol markers, cut them out, and mounted the flower together with foam tape. I added a rhinestone to the centre, and decorated with Stickles glitter glue.

The background was emboosed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls and sponged with Distress Worn Lipstick & Bard Door, then lightly sprayed with Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist. A green ribbon and "Just for You" from Penny Black 30-087 Winter Wonders clear set completes the card.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...