Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hero Arts September 2011 Challenge

It's been a while since I played in the Hero Arts Card Challenge, but I decided to give it a go this month. The Challenge theme was Everything Autumn, or a Color Challenge based on autumnal colours. I had so much fun making backgrounds with distress inks in last weeks Penny Black "Inspire" Challenge that I decided to use the same technique, based around the Challenge colours.

To start, I diecut a piece of white cardstock using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen. I taped the die in place around the diecut with some removeable tape. I then masked off portions of the diecut with scrap card and sponged on various colous of distress inks to create the hilly landscape background. I then stamped the flowers from Hero Arts CL428 Earth Flowers with Versafine Onyx Black, and decorated with Stickles glitter glue. For the greeting, I stamped "JOY" from Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings on white cardstock, punched it out with a circle punch, then lightly distressed the edges with Brushed Corduroy. I layered this onto a scallop circle which I had stamped and fussy cut from Penny Black 30-086 let it snow, then layered this onto a 2" scallop circle punched from cardboard. A scallop border was diecut from cardboard using Die-namics Small Scallop Border Die, and dotted accents added with a white gel pen.




The second card was created in virtually the same way as the first, except I varied the distress ink colours slightly, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia, added a few clear rhinestones along with the Stickles glitter glue to the flowers and layered the image onto an additional label diecut from cardboard. I also coloured the rhinestones with TRIA alcohol markers in order to match the colours. The greeting is from one of the Hero Arts Ink 'n' Stamp tub sets.

Supplies Used:

Hero Arts CL428 Earth Flowers
Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings
Penny Black 30-086 let it snow
Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Brushed Corduroy, Aged Mahogany, Crushed Olive & Shabby Shutters
Versafine - Onyx Black & Vintage Sepia
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen
Stickles Glitter Glue - various
Rhinestones
Scallop circle, circle, oval & photo label Punches

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...