Friday, September 2, 2011

Penny Black "Inspire" Card Challenge

This week on the Penny Black Blog, the card challenge is to create a card inspired by one of the Penny Black Designers. Cool! What an exciting challenge! I had quite a few ideas buzzing around in my head, but which one should I go with? Well... to start I decided to make a card inspired by Kathy Racoosin. I absolutely love how Kathy created the landscape background for her card. The gently rolling hills and blue sky are just so pretty. I really wanted to try my hand at creating this type of a landscape background, and had so much fun that I ended up making a whole bunch of them. I will post the first two completed cards here first, and perhaps the rest a bit later. (You can see them here).



Stamps Used:
Penny Black 40-083 twinkling
Penny Black 30-087 winter wonders clear set
Penny Black 30-086 let it snow clear set
Penny Black 30-018 crystalline clear set

Other Supplies Used:
Distress inks - various colours
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Inkssentials Ink blending tool & foam
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen & Labels Eight Die
Stickles glitter glue - various colours
Liquid Pearls - various colours

For the first card, I die cut a piece of white card using labels seventeen, then leaving the die in place to create a frame, I created the background by masking off parts of the image in turn and sponging on various colours of distress inks. (Kathy has excellent detailed instructions on how to do this in her blog post.) I then stamped the tree stamp (Penny Black 40-083 twinkling) with Versafine black and decorated with various colours of stickles and liquid pearls. I layered this onto a label diecut from cardboard, and then onto a dark green card blank. I then stamped the circular scalloped stamp from the "let it snow" set, and fussy cut around the circular scalloped image. I then stamped "just for you" from the "winter wonders" set, and punched it out with a circle punch. I layered this onto my cut circular scallop image, and then onto a circle scallop punched from cardboard.  

The second card was created in pretty much the same way, except I used the "merry christmas" greeting from the "crystalline" clear set, and tied some twine around the card before attaching the greeting on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...