Sunday, August 21, 2011

Penny Black Gold Card Challenge

"OMG!! I can't believe I won last week's Penny Black Nature Card Challenge. This is my first time winning a card challenge and I am absolutely thrilled! For details on my winning card, please check out this post." YMel

This week on the Penny Black Blog the card challenge was to create a card using a gold-red-cream colour combination.
Stamps Used:
Penny Black 3986J crystal wreath
Penny Black 3900H christmas flourish
Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (JOY)

Other Supplies Used:
Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Barn Door
Ink blending tools
Brilliance Rocket Red & Galaxy Gold
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight
Stickles - Various

To make the background, I stamped crystal wreath and christmas flourish with distress ink on white cardstock, then sponged on more distress ink to fill in most of the white spaces. Over the top of that, I sponged on some brilliance galaxy gold. To make the wreath, I stamped on cream cardstock using brilliance rocket red, then cut the image out, & sponged on some distress ink to define the edges. Then I embellished with rhinestones & stickles glitter glue. I also stamped JOY on cream card, punched it out, and then added some distress ink to the edges and lightly in the middle. I cut a frame out of red cardstock using the labels eight nestabilities die, and then mounted all the elements onto red cardstock with foam tape.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...