Monday, August 29, 2011

Penny Black Elegant Card Challenge 2

This is the second card which I created for the Penny Black Elegant Card Challenge.



Stamps Used:
Penny Black 4200K berry wreath
Penny Black 30-086 let it snow clear set

Other Supplies Used:
Encore Ultimate Metallic Honeydew Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Liquid Pearls - various colours
Stickles Glitter Glue - various colours
McGill Photo Label Punch

This card was a very quick & easy to make. I love making cards that take minimum effort, but deliver maximum impact - and that's why I love using stickles and liquid pearls. The stickles and liquid pearls dry dimensionally to add sparkle/shine to any project.

To start, I stamped berry wreath with metallic honeydew ink on cream cardstock, then stamped the "very merry christmas" sentiment from the let it snow clear set with Versafine black. I love the mellow soft green colour of the honeydew ink - in fact, I love all the colours in the ultimate metallic range, as I think they produce lovely stamped images with a rich metallic colour, without the need for embossing. For outlining or for stamping greetings, I always use my Versafine black, as it gives a very neat crisp image. Also, I think the versafine also gives the best results with the clear polymer stamps. I find sometimes the clear stamps can "resist" waterbased inks a little bit, and the inks tend to bead up on the stamp, so the resulting impression can be a bit patchy. With the Versafine, I don't get that problem.

The design of the berry wreath stamp is perfect for embellishing with stickles and/or liquid pearls. I like to use a mixture of both to give a bit of sparkle from the stickles, and the subtle shimmer of the pearls. I layered the image onto olive green card, then attached to a dark green card blank. I finished off by stamping "celebrate" (also from the same clear set, just inking very carefully so as not the get the rest of the greeting) with Versafine black onto cream card, and punching out with the oval part of vintage label punch, then mounting onto a punched label. A length of ribbon and a few yellow rhinestones add the finishing touches. Total make time: approx 10 mins.

2 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful wreath card, Mel! Love how you applied the colorful pearl accents onto the wreath!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fun and fabulous Mel! The accents on the wreath are so festive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...