Monday, August 29, 2011

Penny Black Elegant Card Challenge

This is the card I made for the Penny Black Elegant Card Challenge. It was inspired by Jill Foster's card, which is in the Penny Black Flickr Group Pool Penny Circle.



Stamps Used:
Penny Black 40-075 christmas pride
Penny Black 1999L letter background
Penny Black 30-087 winter wonders clear set

Other Supplies Used:
Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Brilliance Inks - Galaxy Gold & Pearlescent Ivy
Verasmark Ink & Clear Embossing Powder
Inkssentials Ink blending tool & foam
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight Die
McGill Vintage Label Punch

Following Jill's Video Tutorial, I stamped and embossed the christmas pride poinsettia stamp twice with versamark ink and clear embossing powder on white cardstock. I then sponged the distress inks with the over the image, starting with the lighter colours, working from the middle of the image outwards to the tips of the petals. I also sponged on some brillance galaxy gold ink to give it some shimmer. I then cut out the two images, cutting only the centre portion from one of the images. I mounted them together with mounting foam to make the flower, and added a rhinestone to the middle.

To make the background, I diecut a label out of dark green cardstock using the Nestabilities label eight die and my Sizzix Big Shot, I then trimmed carefully around the outer edge of the green label following the line. I then stamped the letter background over it with galaxy gold ink. To create a mat for the green label, I diecut another label out of white cardstock and sponged the edges with scattered straw distress ink, then layered it under the green label. To create the frame, I diecut a label from corrugated card (which I salvaged from a cardboard box), trimmed it to size and sponged with walnut stain distress ink & galaxy gold brilliance ink, then mounted it with foam tape. I stamped "JOY" from the winter wonders set with brilliance pearlescent ivy, punched it out with the label punch and sponged the edges with distress ink.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...