Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Bling Cards!

I just my got Hero Arts CG211 Magical Background stamp not that long ago, and I was itching to try it out. I love the beautiful swirly background, and I felt it was definitely calling out to be "blinged"! I haven't really made many much white-on-white cards in the past, I usually love loads of colour on my cards, but having seen a few white-on-white CAS cards recently, I decided to give it a go.

For this card, I stamped the background on white card with Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver ink, trimmed it to fit, and mounted it with foam dots to a pale grey card blank. The sentiment 3129C Congrats from Stamp-It Australia was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black, and punched with McGill's Vintage Label Punch. Clear self-adhesive rhinestones were added randomly to the background.

 
The sentiment is from Hero Arts LP221 Very Merry Christmas, and was punched out with EK Success 2" Oval punch. Some of the corners on the background and the card were rounded off with a Fiskars corner rounder punch.

I used Encore Ultimate Metallic Purple ink for this card, and diecut the bottom edge with one side of Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Deckled Rectangles die. A little bit of Stardust stickles was added to the bottom edge. The Season's Greetings stamp is also from the same Hero Arts set LP221 Very Merry Christmas. A mix of clear and lavender rhinestones of various sizes were used on this card.


The great thing about this background stamp is that it's so "full" that it doesn't need much to dress up a card. For this last card, I used Encore Ultimate Metallic Champagne ink - it is a gorgeous colour, somewhere between gold & silver, and I felt it matched the Kraft card perfectly. I diecut the square background with a Lifestyle Crafts Rounded Nesting Squares die, mainly because I wanted the image to be perfectly square, but you could easily just trim with a craft knife, and then round the corners off with a corner rounder punch if you don't have this die.

2 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Your first attempt on colourless cards are great, Mel! It's so nice to see one stamp on so many different designs!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Didn't even realize these were colorless as I was so captured by the fun designs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...